Friday, November 18, 2005

The late wish

I guess it is not that late to wish everyone, “Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir dan Batin”. Been lazy to update this blog, Even my situation at work is getting worse, *Sigh*, low motivation and morale. I’ve got to find something to curb this situation before its getting worse.

So, how was Raya?. Mine was okay. All the usual stuff that we do is getting predictable.. but what else can we do right?. Salam, go visit kubur and some open houses is the only thing that people do on that day. But what I like the most was the eve of raya itself.

All the preparation and how busy everybody was. Not saying that I’m that busy doing something, the only thing that I did was menganyam ketupat. Thank god I’m still good at it after a couple of badly injured daun ketupat. To have ketupat as a dish on Raya was not a norm in Kelantan culture.

This time due to some circumstances, we decide to celebrate our first Raya in Kelantan and so do all of my mum’s sibling. It is fun to live under one roof with 30 something people under it. It is so pack, kids were running and jumping around and the queue for toilet is just priceless. Thank god for our indoor telaga, which some of my cousin reluctant too use. If there is no telaga… it will be some mess on the morning of Raya.

Oh yes, to make my Raya more enjoyable, my beloved team, Juventus won in Champions League match against might Bayern Munich. Couldn’t imagine what will happen to me if they lost that game. Been sitting in front of the tv since 6 am to see the result and goals.

2 things that I cant stand when celebrating in Kelantan was, crazy crazy traffic and down of handphone network and if you are Maxis users, expect worse. Messages arrived sometimes 2 or 3 hours late and to be able to call on Raya is like miracle.

But I do notice something interesting during the night. Just when all lights were turn off, at that time, you can see a lot of dimmed light right beside somebody’s face. The light of communication when most of the young ones… busy SMS’ing. The usual view that you can see at this time.

At that very moment, I remembered a line of sentences from a blog that I’ve read the other day..”I wish my handphone would ring more ofter”. Have a great day people!.

No comments: