Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The team that doesn’t belong in the final.

I’ve just experience a great weekend the other day. My team, Juventus won the Scudetto again for the 28th time (yeahooo), watching Star Wars and get 3 days off from my work. What else can you ask for?.
So, since the dawn of Champions League is getting nearer, lets do CL specials. The game between AC Milan vs Liverpool, which will be held tomorrow in Istanbul, Turkey, promise more than a match.
I’m gonna be frank. I hate EPL!, and I love Serie A, so this will be biased. Heheheh. I just don’t think Liverpool is the right team to be on that field tomorrow. Why?. Its just my opinion, everybody is entitle to have one rite?.
I’m just saying that, since the quarter final games, every dubious situation went to Liverpool ways. Every decision that could turn the game around is in their favor. Lucky?, yeap I rather use that word. But some people may argue that in football, the team creates their own luck. And I believe in that. The problem is when, all their fans started to talk like they actually deserved to be in the final like AC Milan. Which is funny, I believe.
Liverpool vs Juventus in Anfield. Everybody knows that Liverpool won by 2-1 score line. But, a few realized, that a perfectly clean goal from Juve is ruled out for offside. Well, the replay shows it is a goal and the ref is wrong about his decision. The score line for that game is supposedly end up with Liverpool 2 – 2 Juventus. Which will eliminate them out of the CL since the game in Turin ended scoreless.
I’m not bitching up how Juve should be in the semi against Chelsea and I totally respect the decision. It’s a part of wonderful world of football. Their fan and British media annoyed me very very much. Thinking how they earn their spot in the semis.
Then, the game in England, Liverpool vs Chelsea. The first leg ended scoreless and the match in Anfield will determine which England great clubs (blehhhh) will booked their spot in Istanbul. Once again, the most critical decision went to their favor. No one actually can verify the goal except the linesman. At the end, Liverpool won by 1 – 0 score line, thanks to the decision that went to their way. What annoyed me the most is the fans and media, didn’t I just said this before?.
And suddenly, Liverpool in the final agains one of the Italians great, AC Milan. And suddenly they are a bit worried since, in EPL they lied at the 5th spot, which does not hold a place for CL next season. Then, all those so called expert, urging Uefa to consider giving England 5 spots for the CL. What a joke!!!. 5 spots? The idea of considering this is already a gag, don’t make me laugh to death reading the proposal.
The fact that they finished 5th in the EPL just showed how weak and lucky for them to be in the final. One may argue how competitive the EPL is, but lets don’t go there. I’m too lazy to write more on this matter.
Its obvious what team I’m going to support for the final. Win or lost, Liverpool still doesn’t belong there. Their fans annoyed me too much.
And, “ you WILL walk alone” from Istanbul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think liverpool deserved to go to FINAL. At least they are there, how about JUV?

Unknown said...

I think liverpool deserved to go to FINAL. At least they are there, how about JUV?